Well, here it is three years later and I am just now starting on my second part to the overcomer versus victim thoughts. How time flies when we get distracted! Well, since my last post, I have gotten a book published about my journey from darkness into the light of God’s truth. It is all about this mind renewal topic from a case study perspective. It is called Diamond Fractal by Karen A. Keegan and Minna J Kayser and can be purchased on Amazon.
So, how do we move from being victims to being victors or over-comers? In the book of Revelation in the Bible, It says that it is the overcomer who will go to heaven and receive the crown of life. The following verses speak about what the overcomer can do or receive.
- In Rev 2:7 The overcomer is permitted to eat from the tree of life in the paradise of God.
- In Rev 2:11 The overcomer will in no way be harmed by the second death (which is eternal separation from God).
- Rev 2:17 The overcomer will be given some of the hidden manna and a white stone with a new name written on it that no one can understand except the recipient.
- Rev 2:26 The overcomer who continues in the deeds of Christ, will be given authority over all the nations.
- Rev 3:5 The overcomer will be dressed by Jesus, in white clothing and his name will never be erased from the book of life and Jesus will declare his name before the Father and his angels.
- Rev 3:12 The overcomer will be a pillar in the temple of God and will never depart from it. The overcomer’s name will be written on the name of God, the name of the city of God (the New Jerusalem) and on Jesus’ new name.
- Jesus will grant to the overcomer permission to sit with him on his throne in the same way that Jesus overcame and was given permission to sit with his father on His throne.
That is quite the list of rewards that are in store for the overcomer. So how do we overcome? And what do we overcome?
Romans 12:2 says, “Do not be conformed to this present world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may test and approve what is the will of God– what is good and well pleasing and perfect.”
We are to overcome the pull of the world that leads to sinful thinking which in turn leads to sinful actions. The only way we can overcome the world and the flesh is to be transformed by the renewing of our minds. That kind of transformation changes our thinking and beliefs all the way down to the core of our hearts. As we engage in mind renewal and begin to see changes in our lives, it is vital to protect our hearts by putting on the whole armor of Christ. Ephesians 6: 10-20. We are really doing battle in our hearts and minds against spiritual forces that are enemies of God. At some point I will talk more in depth about the armor of God and what that means. But we are to use the armor to “Guard (our) hearts above all else, for from it is the wellspring of life.” Prov 4:23.
I will add more later to keep this section from getting too long.